Sunday 3 February 2013

London's Natural Beauties - Exhibit D. Lauren

Oh dear. 

It's already February and we're only just now revealing our first Natural Beauty for this year! Fear not, it's a goodun. 

Meet Lauren. 
We hope you'll enjoy her hair story as much as we did.





NAME: Lauren
AGE: 31
NATURAL FOR: 7 years



When You Gonna: So... tell us. When did you decide to go Natural and why?

Lauren: Well I was natural until the age of 16, when my grandma took me to have my hair straightened much to my mum's annoyance as I had been getting my hair pressed. With straight hair came male attention as well! In 2006 I was a girlie holiday with two friends who were natural and I made the decision to go natural as well. So after getting my hair wet in the sea I wore it curly for the rest of the holiday and that was it -decision made!

WYG: How did you find the transition?

L:  Going natural was not an easy process as I chose to cut it off (at the hairdresser the woman sitting next to me let out squeal as I was there cutting my hair and she was having it sewn in) and I did not use extensions or weaves and wow did I have some bad hair days as I did know not how to care for curly hair; what products were good and not, so it was a steep learning curve. 

WYG: How do you feel about your hair now? 

L: I feel very blessed with hair as I can choose to be Curly Sue or straight or afroish and would say I either have my hair straight or curly. I tend not to wear my hair curly at work and tend to wear it up in a bun and save my curls for evenings with friends. My curly hair recently landed me a date with a guy - which did not quite work out but hey ho - my hair and I are hopeful.

WYG: Good. One must always remain positive over all! Ok, do you have any products you can't live without?

L: On my recent holiday to Jamaica I realised that I could apply conditioner to help maintain the curl rather than keep wetting or washing it everyday and I have continued that here and the most I can get away with is three days and then wash it out and start it again. My latest product of choice is BB - Creme de Coco - conditioner before that I would use Redken Fresh curls curl refiner. I do use a diffuser especially in the winter months - not good to go out with a wet hair!!! 

Get Lauren's Must Have and other Bumble and Bumble products online here:
WYG: Thank you Lauren for sharing and for the tip on achieving awesome holiday hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment